Please explore the information below to find support and resources for families.
- The Edinburgh Clothing Store is a charity offering adult and children’s clothing, shoes, bedding, etc.
- Kids Love Clothes provide pre-loved clothing to children throughout the Lothians.
Grants for clothing
- School Clothing Grant. City of Edinburgh Council have a joint application for Clothing Grant and Free School Meals. The means tested eligibility criteria are the same for both.
- Edinburgh Police Fund for Children give grants for coats and school shoes.
- Best Start Grant. A means tested grant can be received for a child starting school.
- Education Maintenance Allowance is a means tested allowance for young people (16-19 years old still in full time education) which can be used to buy uniform and other necessary items for school.
- Scottish Child Payment. Many families can get help towards the costs of supporting their children aged under 16.
- ELTF gives grants to individuals and families in need.
- The Scottish Welfare Fund provides crisis grants for living expenses in the event of an emergency or disaster
- Maximise! provide advice to maximise income, reduce debt, resolve housing issues and gain employment.
- CHAI helps and empowers people through high-quality, impartial advice on welfare benefits, housing and debt.
- The Advice Shop offer help with welfare rights including income maximisation, through welfare benefits, tax credits and grants.
Edinburgh Fire Fund can help residents in Edinburgh recover from the impact of a
- City of Edinburgh Council have an extensive list of support for families .
- Citizens Advice Edinburgh specialise in welfare rights, debt, budgeting, employment, housing, energy, immigration, consumer rights and health.
- EVOC Red Book is an online directory of community and voluntary sector organisations and services across Edinburgh.